Union Home Minister Amit Shah released the “Report Card” of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government in Madhya Pradesh on August 20, 2023, in Bhopal. The report card highlighted the achievements of the BJP government in the state in the last 20 years.
Amit Shah also attacked the Congress party, saying that it had crippled the development of Madhya Pradesh during its rule. He said that the Congress had stopped the initiatives that were started by PM Modi and Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The release of the report card comes ahead of the state assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, which are scheduled to be held later this year. The BJP is hoping to retain power in the state, and the report card is seen as an attempt to boost its chances.
The report card has been welcomed by the BJP, but it has been criticized by the Congress party. The Congress has accused the BJP of misleading the people and of trying to hide its failures.
It remains to be seen how effective the report card will be in influencing the outcome of the state assembly elections. However, it is clear that the BJP is taking the elections seriously and is leaving no stone unturned in its bid to retain power in Madhya Pradesh.
Some of the key achievements highlighted in the report card include:
- Reduction in poverty by half
- Increase in per capita income by 250%
- Increase in agricultural production by 200%
- Increase in industrial production by 300%
- Creation of 7 million jobs
- Provision of clean drinking water to all households
- Construction of 10 million houses
- Improvement in education and health indicators